Home School Link Workers
HSLWs work in partnership with parents and carers, pupils, school staff, voluntary and public sector services to promote the well-being of children and families through provision of early support at challenging times.
Our HSLW, Rosemary Pointon, has a background in nursing, social care and community work and a Masters Degree in Public Health. She has been at St Polycarp’s for 11 years and is well networked with local and national charities and organisations. She is available to meet with you at school or on home visits to provide direct support, and/or referral to specialists, in a wide range of situations including…
- Parenting struggles
- School refusal
- Transitions, bereavement and family separation
- Family mental or physical ill-health
- Domestic abuse
- Parental issues with drugs and alcohol
- Financial difficulties, debt, benefits, Foodbank vouchers
- Housing needs
- Early Help Assessments
- Applications to local charities for funding
- Assistance in completing forms, including Disability Living Allowance,
school application forms, transport applications etc.
- Signposting to a range of statutory and voluntary agencies and making appropriate referrals
- Attendance at appointments with parents
Our HSLW has the following additional roles at St Polycarp’s School
- Rainbows course facilitator - a 16 week programme of emotional support for children who have experienced bereavement or parental separation. Rainbows
- Lead for Young Carers running the ‘Going the Extra Mile’ Club
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Trained Parenting Puzzle course facilitator
You can contact our HSLW directly by email or you can request for her to contact you via your child’s teacher.