P.E. and Sports Premium
P.E. and Sports Funding Action Plans
- P E Action Plan 2019-2020
- P E and Sports Premium Action Plan 2019 -20
- P E and Sports Premium Funding Action Plan 2018-19
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (P.E.) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of P.E. and sport provision.
Funding will be allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of P.E. and sport provision, including increasing participation in P.E. and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
OFSTED inspectors will assess and report on how effectively this new funding is being used to improve P.E. and sport provision when making the judgement on quality of the school's leadership and management.
Inspectors will use evidence gained from meetings with school leaders, including governors to assess the impact of additional funding on improving the quality and breadth of P.E. and sport provision. Inspectors may also use evidence from observations of lessons and/or extra-curricular sports clubs, and discussions with pupils. Inspectors may also review the details of a school's P.E. and sport provision on their school website prior to inspection.
It is up to schools to determine how best to use this additional funding. Please see Action Plan for how funding is allocated annually.
Sports Funding Aims
Our overall aim is to ensure all our children are physically and mentally fit in order to promote healthy lifestyles and resilience for life.
To do this we aim to:
- provide our children with high quality, specialist teaching that moves their learning forward
- educate our children about healthy lifestyles for life
- enable current class teachers to gain good practical CPD
- ensure as a school we are informed of all current good practice
- enable more children to access a wider variety of sports so that all of our children may find a sport that engages them for life
- inspire children to excel by providing access to good sporting role models
- involve the older children in sports leadership